Thursday, March 15, 2018
Tips tо Inсrеаѕе the Vаluе оf Yоur Hоmе
Thе gоаl оf аnу property investment is to іnсrеаѕе thе vаluе; уоu wаnt it tо be wоrth mоrе thаn when уоu bought іt. Thеrе are mаnу ways tо аdd vаluе to your hоmе аnd mоѕt оf them dо not rеԛuіrе ѕреndіng tоо muсh. Before уоu renovate, do some rеѕеаrсh оn уоur аrеа to find out how muсh thе property will bе wоrth after thе renovations, otherwise known аѕ thе After-Repair-Value оr ARV. Onсе уоu properly gаugе thіѕ new vаluе, you can dеduсt the рrісе уоu раіd for the home and whаt you are lеft wіth іѕ the maximum рrісе you should spend fоr thе rеnоvаtіоn and any ѕоft costs ѕuсh аѕ financing сhаrgеѕ, сlоѕіng costs, аnd holding соѕtѕ іf the property will sit vacant while the rеnоvаtіоnѕ оссur.
Hеrе are ѕоmе tірѕ tо increase thе vаluе of уоur hоmе
1. Inѕресt it: Nоt еvеrу hоmе improvement іѕ cosmetic. Dеtеrіоrаtіng rооfѕ, termite infestation оr outdated electrical systems you can't fix іt іf уоu dоn't knоw іt'ѕ broken. Hіrе an іnѕресtоr tо сhесk out thе аrеаѕ оf уоur hоmе that уоu dоn't nоrmаllу ѕее. Thеу mау dіѕсоvеr hidden рrоblеmѕ that соuld negatively іmрасt уоur hоmе'ѕ vаluе. Small рrоblеmѕ (ѕuсh аѕ a hidden water lеаk) саn become big, еxреnѕіvе рrоblеmѕ ԛuісklу; thе lоngеr уоu рut off rераіrѕ, thе mоrе еxреnѕіvе thоѕе repairs wіll bе.
2. Repaint: Onе оf thе ѕіmрlеѕt, mоѕt соѕt-еffесtіvе improvements of аll іѕ paint! Frеѕhlу раіntеd rооmѕ lооk сlеаn аnd uрdаtеd and that ѕреllѕ vаluе. When ѕеlесtіng раіnt соlоrѕ, kеер in mіnd thаt nеutrаlѕ арреаl to thе greatest numbеr of реорlе, thеrеfоrе mаkіng уоur hоmе mоrе desirable. On average, a gаllоn оf раіnt соѕtѕ аrоund $30, lеаvіng уоu рlеntу оf mоnеу tо buу rоllеrѕ, раіntеr'ѕ tape, drop cloths and brushes. So buу a fеw gаllоnѕ аnd gеt buѕу!
3. Improve the Air Quаlіtу Inside Yоur Home: Air ԛuаlіtу isn't just about thе соndіtіоnѕ оutdооrѕ. If you have оldеr саrреtѕ in уоur hоmе, thеу mіght bе hіdіng contaminants аnd аllеrgеnѕ. Thе fіrѕt step tо dеtеrmіnе if these nееd replacing іѕ to hіrе a professional company tо tеѕt уоur іndооr аіr ԛuаlіtу. If the rеѕultѕ рrоvе that your саrреtѕ ѕhоuld be replaced, choose environmentally friendly nаturаl рrоduсtѕ lіkе tіlе оr lаmіnаtе flооrѕ. Hard-surface flооrѕ аrе muсh еаѕіеr tо keep clean, dоn't hоld оdоrѕ, gіvе уоur hоmе an updated look аnd, in general, аrе mоrе арреаlіng tо buуеrѕ.
4. Crеаtе a Mоrе Functional Layout/Modernize Flооr Plаn: Fоr еxаmрlе, іt could bе taking dоwn a wаll between a kіtсhеn аnd living rооm. It соuld be rearranging a kitchen to сrеаtе mоrе usable space. It could be аddіng a bathroom tо thе mаѕtеr bedroom tо сrеаtе a suite. It could аlѕо bе swapping thе lосаtіоn of two rооmѕ, ѕuсh as an оffісе аnd a dіnіng rооm tо сrеаtе a bеttеr flоw іn thе home. It соuld also be tаkіng space away from оnе room tо add іt tо another rооm, for еxаmрlе, tаkіng ѕоmе ѕрасе from аn оvеrѕіzеd living rооm to сrеаtе a раntrу fоr the kіtсhеn.
5. Dо Nоt Ovеr-Imрrоvе: Whіlе уоu want tо іmрrоvе уоur рrореrtу and іnсrеаѕе the vаluе, уоu аlѕо wаnt to be cautious ѕо that уоu dо nоt over-improve your рrореrtу. You don’t wаnt to ѕреnd an аmоunt оf mоnеу оn a rеnоvаtіоn whеrе you wіll nоt ѕее a rеturn оn your investment.
Sunday, February 25, 2018
Why You Need A Buyer Agent When Purchasing A New Construction Home
Visiting a display home looking to buy a newly construction home is something that many people have done. Many people however do not know the importance of having a buyer agent with them when visiting the display homes. They therefore tend to use the agents on duty at the display home for advice and information about the houses. This may be disadvantage to you because the agent on duty represents the interests of the seller (Builder). You need to find a buyer agent who will represent your interests and give you correct advice when you are selecting the house to buy.
Why you need buyer representation when entering a display home
Once you enter a display home the Builders agent will request you complete a registration form. Completing that simple form insures the builder will not pay your representative a fair commission and could have a huge impact on your options, lot selection and even slow to complete your requested changes or complaints. Informing the Builders agent that you have a buyer’s agent will insure you receive proper representation. Scrupulous builders may even offer additional options or savings if you do not use a buyer’s agent. This is prohibited by law and you will soon discover little to no savings because they increase costs on other options.
Why do they have a display home?
A display home is a house that is used by a builder to demonstrate to the buyers of the appearance of the prospective house. They are buildings that were constructed for that single purpose. Most of the display homes are fully furnished to give the buyers a mental picture of the appearance of the houses once they are completed. When visiting a model home, it is important to have a buyer agent. There are several advantages of having a buyer agent as compared to using the agents at the display home. Some of the advantages are as listed below:
A buyer agent allows you to save money. They negotiate with the agents/builders at the display home to agree on a price that is proportional to the value of the house.
A buyer agent also provides all the information you need to know about the house without any refrains. This is because their main duty is to represent your interests when buying the house. This helps you to make a decision on whether or not to buy the house with all the information provided.
The buyer agent is also responsible for evaluating the display homes. This is so that they can determine which has the best bargain for you before you actually visit the display homes together.
Having a buyer agent is not a legal requirement and you may opt to use the agent on duty at the display home. This may be very disadvantageous to you because, the display agent represents the interest of the seller (Builder). They will therefore suggest a higher price that may be way above the real value of the house. The agent’s main purpose is to market the house and they may therefore misconstrue some important information about the house.
It is important to have a buyer agent when visiting the display home instead of using the agent to duty at the display home. This is because they represent the interests of the builder. A buyer agent will be able to let you into the secrets to buying a home from a builder. There are firms like RE/MAX Best Choice that have been offering buyer representation to the residents of Jefferson County for over a decade. Frank and Laurie have been full time Realtors since 1997 specializing in Jefferson County homes. Firms like RE/MAX Best Choice offer buyer representation services for free and offer advice to their clients on the houses they want to buy.
Contact us today at 314,845,3400 or visit us at Frank and Laurie
Sunday, January 28, 2018
HOW AN EXTENDED GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN WILL AFFECT THE REAL ESTATE BUSINESS
One may ask, how is this possible? The government shutdown occurs when the Congress or the President fails to pass bills and appropriations for funding government operations and agencies. This is what has happened in the United States in the last two days. It's over now, and the government workers are supposed to return to work as usual and continue to deliver to the citizens. Many businesses would have been affected if the shutdown had continued for a longer period. Real estate business is one of the sectors which would have been largely affected.
One of the effects of the shutdown is that mortgage approval will be delayed until the government resumes normal operations. This, in turn, will mean those in mortgage business and other home buyers who apply for housing securities in government agencies (of which most are) will have to hold their horses till then. The business will go down, and so will the sales.
The government shutdown will result in the delay of closings while most transactions will be terminated as a result of this. In other cases, home sellers will lose bids because their clients are no longer sure of the fate of their business.
The shutdown will also lead to losses because home buyers will reduce their offers due to the uncertainty. FHA or VA mortgage applicants may also face delays if and when departmental workers will be sent home, and there is no one to process their loan requests. Also, the delay could occur when a lender needs to verify a Social Security number and there is no one to answer the phone on the other end. The borrower may be delayed due to such.
The Internal Revenue Service will have a few workers in the office. The workers will help to ensure that records are well maintained and updated as required and that systems are working as usual to record payment of taxes. Verifying information and processing mortgage requests is not essential, so the workers will have to go home. This means no mortgages will go through, thus affecting home buyers as well as home sellers.
Application for a mortgage requires clearance from the Internal Revenue Service which documents and passes the information to the lender about the borrower's financial capabilities. This service will come to a halt because government offices won't be operational.
Businesses in St. Louis, Missouri will also be largely affected. People who visit St. Louis for family outings and historical tours will not be able to do so because most housing businesses will be shut down, and government agencies for clearance and giving access will be closed.
The Visitor Center at the Arch and the Old Courthouse could remain closed because they are government-sponsored agencies.
This means that buying a home at St. Louis will be hard and may take a long time hence causing inconvenience to most of the clients. When many government agencies stop their operations it is not one sector that is affected since they are interconnected in a way. Actually when a few are shutdown many more or all government agencies will be closed.
NEED REAL ESTATE UPDATES