Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Credit Score Vigilance Rewards Future Arnold, MO Homeowners
Your credit score will have a major impact when it comes to the cost you wind up paying for an Arnold, MO mortgage. A buyer with a high credit score of 750 or above will qualify for the most competitive interest rates available; but today’s tightened lending standards mean that some borrowers with scores under 600 may not qualify for a mortgage at all. And no matter what, a low credit score can mean paying an extra 3%-4% interest charge on every payment.
There is nothing permanent about a credit score. Arnold, MO home buyers who realize its importance—and who take early steps to improve their own—can save literally thousands of dollars.
1. You can’t improve your credit score until you know what you are working with. Your first step is to obtain your credit reports. They are available for free once a year from each of the three major reporting agencies: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
2. The fastest way to improve your credit score is to correct any inaccuracies. Because this takes time – anywhere from 30 days to as long as six months, the earlier you begin the process, the better. To remove items that are incomplete or inaccurate, verify the correct information using the dispute procedure on the agency’s website. The creditor has 30 days in which to validate the debt; if the credit agency does not receive a response to your claim, they are required by law to remove the entry from your report. Remember that there are three major agencies, so an incorrect item may appear on all three— and all three need to be contacted.
3. If you have an older credit card that you haven’t been using for a while, it’s a good idea not to cancel it; even to use it now and again, paying the balance in full. This will mean that the issuer keeps reporting information to the credit bureau, which can be valuable. A longer credit history improves your credit score.
4. A low credit utilization ratio measures how much of your available credit you are using. In order to improve your credit score, keep your credit utilization ratio below 20%. One way to quickly improve a utilization score is to move credit card debt onto cards with higher limits. While this will not make a difference to the amount that you owe, it will alter individual cards’ credit utilization ratios.
5. Consider a Personal Loan. If you have a family member or friend that you can borrow from, consider taking out a loan in order to pay down a portion of existing debt. By removing some of that debt, you can give your credit score a boost.
6. Moving away from being measured as a poor credit risk has the biggest impact on whether a future mortgage is approved—and how much interest you wind up having to pay. Your credit score in Arnold, MO really matters! If you would like an introduction to a mortgage broker to begin the conversation about the home loan your current credit score qualifies you for, visit HOMEOFSTLcom
The Helderle Team 2014 © All Rights Reserved
Wednesday, April 09, 2014
Getting Your Imperial MO.,Home Ready for Spring/Summer
Once the snow thaws and the temperatures begin to climb, homeowners are often glad that they no longer have to worry about the winter maintenance such as shoveling snow. Spring has its own challenges with the season's thunderstorms. When summer approaches, the cares of homeowners turn to the air conditioning to contend with high temperatures. Here are some home maintenance tips from a Realtor to help the homeowner be prepared for the upcoming seasons and protect the value of the real estate.
The rain associated with springtime can quickly show any roof failures with telltale brown stains on the ceilings. Before the stains show, the underlying wood may be compromised. In order to prevent the cosmetic issues and potential rotting wood, the homeowner should consider doing a thorough examination of the roofing and flashing around chimneys.
Moisture also can cause problems when it enters around doors and windows. This moisture can become trapped in the walls and breed mold. Homeowners can help prevent this problem by checking and repairing the caulking around the windows and doors
Ceiling fans should be cleaned and adjusted to rotate counter-clockwise. The counter-clockwise movement of the fan blades directs the air downward to cool the room. Blinds and curtains may be used to block the sunlight in the heat of the day.
Spring is the ideal time to change the filters for the air conditioners and test them. If there is a problem with an air conditioning system, a homeowner can have the system repaired quickly and easily in early spring. Once the summer months arrive and the air conditioner is put to use, the repair services may be in high demand. This can cause a significant delay in getting the necessary repairs. Avoid the hassle and check your air conditioner early.
Animals become more active in the St. Louis, MO area. While the birds may be a welcome sight after the long winter, termites and other insects are not. The increased insect activity may make a call to the exterminator necessary. Many exterminator services offer low-cost or even free inspections for pests. Early detection is important to avoid damage to the home.
Real estate is an important investment. There are many small tasks that can be done to protect the home. Many homeowners choose to check their smoke detectors in spring. Cleaning and testing all the smoke detectors in the home does not take much time. However, there are few jobs more important than doing so.
It is common for homeowners to take advantage of the higher temperatures to catch up on the landscaping needs that have had to wait through the winter months of St. Louis, MO. As the weather becomes warmer, the homeowner may want to consider planting a bush to shade any outside air conditioning units
Many people consider the spring and summer months to be the most pleasant of the year though the rain and heat brings new challenges. The homeowners in St. Louis, MO can be ready for the upcoming weather by following these home maintenance tips
For more Spring Tips or a quality contract contact Frank & Laurie at HOMES OF ST. LOUIS